Picture the scene. You’re bored – or probably procrastinating – and you see someone has shared a post on facebook entitled ’50 Questions to ask a girl if you really want to know who she is.’ Despite having a billion other things to do, or a billion other potential activities to immerse yourself in, you open up the page and begin to answer the questions in your head. They make you think and all of a sudden, you’re writing the answers in a blog post. Here we go (lol)!
1. What’s one thing that’s happened to you that has made you a stronger person?
I think I’ll have to say going through my rough patch so far this year. Ending my relationship this year, firstly, was a shit thing to go through. But, that being said, even acknowledging that I needed to end it and then actually having the courage to end it was a huge thing for me. It also made me stronger in that I accepted the help from those around me and became stronger as a result. University was also tough at the end of last year and continued to be tough at the start of this one and a lack of motivation was definitely an issue. Pushing through this and somehow not doing too badly so far has made me stronger. My friends were also a little funny with me this year and that was hard to deal with. To have people around me who didn’t seem to understand what was going through was hard. This was partly because I was putting a lot of effort into one group of friends – due to them knowing what was going on in my life and being very present in it at the time – and not enough into the others. Putting this effort back in with the others has made me stronger in that I know I can rebuild my relationships and can balance different groups of people in my life. Overall, a shit time so far has made me stronger. Despite this, I hope the shit time is over soon, lol.
2. What’s one thing that’s happened to you in your life that made you feel weak?
University has made me feel weak at times. It’s shat all over me at times and then brought me back up at the same time. (I know it says one, but falling into the dicksand made me feel pretty damn weak. Not being myself made me feel weak.)
3. Where is one place you feel most like yourself?
Cornwall. Bude, Crooklets beach, that’s me sorted. Messy hair, rainy days, cold sea and fresh sea breeze – in my element.
4. Where is your favorite place to escape to?
The sea. I just love water – kinda’ feel like I’m Moana in another life.
5. Who do you think has had the largest influence on the person you are today?
Oh god. I’m probably going to sound like such a dick here, but realistically? Me. Sure, there have been so many people who’ve had a huge impact, I.E, my mum, dad, sisters, my ex, friends, but I think that truthfully, how I’ve reacted and how the things I’ve gone through have been the things that have influenced me the most.
6. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
Part of me wants to say how easily I fall for people and for their kindness. Someone only has to hold a door open for me and I’ll be swooning. I don’t know. Maybe it’s the fact that I let everything get to me so much. Part of me doesn’t mind this, but I guess it doesn’t do me any favours when I’m still thinking about what someone said to me in passing about 3 months later.
7. If you had one day left to live, what would you do first?
Eat a macdonalds breakfast / perhaps a moose coffee double dutch – damn, was that materialistic? Realistically, I’d probably get all the people I loved in a room and just embrace all their goodness – and get moose / macdonalds delivered *inserts moon face emoji.*
8. What decade do you feel you most belong in?
Probably this one, or maybe a slightly less internet orientated one. I love the internet and I love technology but I feel like we’d all have a lot fewer self-esteem and relationship issues if we weren’t constantly aware of what the people around us were doing / thinking. (That was such a boring answer, oh God).
9. Who are you closest to in your family? Why?
Probably my dad in a way. We’re quite similar and he always knows the right things to say. My younger sister also, just because we spend a lot of time together and get along really well.
10. Who is the one person in this world that knows you best?
Probably Ross. He’s spent a lot of time with me over the past 3 years so he probably knows me best. Also me, lol.
11. What is your favorite quality about your best friend?
Ross is always there to cheer me on. When I need motivating, he’s always the one who’ll be like..come on, you’ve got this, and I really value that he’s always willing to do that for me and never doubts me.
12. When you were younger what did you think you were going to be when you grew up?
A primary school teacher, haha!
13. If you could identify with one fictional character (from a book, show, or movie) who would it be?
Maybe Liesel from The Book Thief – I loved her and that book so much. Maybe also this little babe from a children’s book called Nikolas (A Boy called Christmas), who loses faith in the world a few times but always manages to rebuild it in the end. He also learns to forgive and love, and really taught me a lot for a kid in a children’s book.
14. Do you easily accept compliments? Or do you hate compliments?
I accept them but I can’t help but feel like they aren’t true. I don’t know. It depends on when they’re being given I think. Sometimes being given a compliment can really help to push you along but it’s easy to become reliant upon them, I think, which isn’t fun for anyone.
15. Is your favorite attribute about yourself physical or non-physical?
Non physical, I think. I love that I let myself feel everything. Sad, angry or happy, I’ll feel it and I’ll feel it as deeply as I can. I might’ve contradicted myself up there but..I just kinda’ like that I’ll let myself do that.
16. What is your favorite physical attribute about yourself?
Maybe my eyes???
17. What is your favorite non-physical attribute about yourself?
My need to feel everything so deeply!
18. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Why not? I guess though, that you could have your hopes so set on this visual masterpiece and then they turn out to be not so great personality wise and stuff like that, so I guess it has its flaws.
19. Do you believe in soul mates?
Yes! I think I have a few, to be honest. Romantically, I think Ross is one and friendship wise, I think I have a few there, too!
20. How seriously do you take horoscopes?
I think I like the thought of horoscopes more than anything. The idea that we’re not in control and all that – despite the fact that I relish the thought of not being in control of my life, even though I know I’m totally not anyway. I take notice of them, for sure.
21. Have you ever been in love? How many times?
Just the once! Was pretty damn cool and I still love him now.
22. What makes you fall in love with someone?
Them? The person? I just loved Ross for him and for all he was.
23. What does vulnerability mean to you? What has the ability to make you vulnerable?
To me, it means stepping into the unknown and out of your comfort zone. It’s a scary place when you’ve been comfortable in one place for so long. People have the ability to make me feel vulnerable, and new things, new experiences.
24. What’s one thing you’re scared to ask a man, but really want to?
What do you think about me, perhaps? I don’t know. I feel like I’d ask most things, depending on how well I knew them.
25. If you were a man for a day, what would be the first thing you do?
Probably just stare at my penis in curiosity, go and be genuinely nice to women and preach feminist values.
26. What do you find most attractive about each sex?
Humour and kindness in men, kindness and a want to uplift other women in women!
27. What’s one thing you’d love to learn more about?
Everything! I love learning about anything and everything. I love learning about sharks and whales and all those kind of things in particular. Space is cool too
28. What is something you’ve never done that you’ve always wanted to do?
Legitimately can’t think of anything but I’m sure there is something – forgive me I’ve been awake since 6am.
29. Why haven’t you done it yet?
It would probably be out of money issues and lack of courage to actually do it!
30. If money didn’t matter, what would your dream job be?
Probably teaching, to be honest. Maybe also a writer, or a theatre actress.
31. If you had off from work today, what would you do?
Uni work, sadly. Maybe see my pals, spend some time with my mum maybe, I’m not sure!
32. What was the last thing that made you cry?
My ex being so damn nice and cute.
33. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
My friends! A nice afternoon at Halsall Lane, playing on FIFA, snuggled up on the couch, eating and just chilling with some of the coolest people in my life.
34. What is your favorite memory?
Probably times with my university friends over the past year. The beach was fun, that was something we did recently. Our Christmas meal was pretty cute, too. Maybe the end of placement, because that was emotional af yet so wonderful. Maybe times with my sister, and at my older sister’s wedding. Times on holiday with my family and our family friends. Christmas and New Year with my family, too.
35. What’s the last thing that REALLY embarrassed you?
Myself! I clapped in a lecture a few weeks ago and no one else clapped. Not sure why the world didn’t swallow me up right there and then?
36. What is your biggest fear?
37. Do you have any regrets? What’s your biggest one?
I don’t think I have any, to be honest. Maybe not maintaining friendships where I could, sometimes.
38. Have you ever broken a law? If you haven’t what is one law you’d love to break?
Nope! I would love to speed in a safe environment, to be honest. As long as I couldn’t kill someone I’d love to just go mad in my car.
39. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
Not believed in myself.
40. Would you have a conversation with a stranger?
Yes! I feel like conversations with strangers can often be the best conversations.
41. Would you tell a stranger they have toilet paper hanging from their shoe? Or their dress tucked into their underwear? (Or anything else that is embarrassing to be seen in public)?
Yes! Why wouldn’t you? You would hope someone would do that to you, wouldn’t you? Girls in club bathrooms should be the poster kids for this.
42. What’s your favorite joke?
What do you call cheese that doesn’t belong to you? NAACHO cheese.
43. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
Dog person, 100%!
44. If you could be any animal, what animal would you be?
A tiger, bear, elephant, lion or dog!
45. What’s one show, movie, or book, you’re embarrassed to admit you enjoy?
The Next Step ! *moon face emoji*
46. How do you think your parents would describe you as a child?
Loud, happy, confident!
47. If you could go back to any age or time of your life, what age or time would it be?
Would probably be the last two years, to be honest. 2015/2016 were two of the best years of my life. High school was kind of a nightmare but the end of high school / start of college too, maybe.
48. What’s something you believe in that not everyone else does?
49. What’s one thing you would say that makes you unique from other people?
I’m me! No one else is me!
50. What is one thing you feel your life is missing?
My twin. Although they died at birth, I feel like there is a part of me missing. I kind of like the idea of living this all for them, doing it all in the spirit of them and hope I do them justice!